- WOF = Width of Fabric: cotton broadcloth commonly used for quilting is 42"; all pattern measurements assume fabric to be 42" wide from selvage to selvage.
- FQ = Fat Quarter: a pre-cut of fabric measuring ~18" x 21"
- Chain Piece = to sew pieces of fabric together, one right after the other, without snipping the threads in between; this allows you to sew many pieces without stopping each time.
- Use your scraps! Even though the Fabric Requirements list FQs, Shine is made from scrap-friendly strips.
- Fabrics used in the original Shine quilt: Art Gallery PURE solids in Ocean Waves, Honey, Dried Roses, Turmeric, Warm Waves, Sienna Brick, Tender Green, Aurus, Fresh Water, Dried Carrot, Dark Citron, Raw Gold, Plum Preserve, Toasty Walnut, Emerald, Apricot Crepe and Gentle Feather as the Background.
COPYRIGHT INFO: Quilt patterns cannot be reproduced and sold. Duplication of any kind is prohibited. Quilts made using Suzy Quilts patterns CAN be sold, however, design credit needs to be given. Please only use my photos with proper credit. Thanks!
SHINE BLOG POSTS