No products in the cart.
Nordic Triangles Quilt Pattern (Download)
- Skill Level: Easy
- 100% original pattern
- Downloadable PDF
- Tip! For extra wiggle room with the Half Square Triangles, add a ¼” to the cutting measurements. This will not effect the yardage requirements. (eg. For the throw, cut squares 11″ instead of 10 ¾” and 8″ instead of 7 ¾” for the baby.)
- Includes instructions for a Throw size as well as a Baby Quilt
- The perfect quilt for the newbie quilter!
- Hate math? Included is a shortcut cheat sheet for making this quilt any size!
- Video tutorial on how to make 8 half square triangles at once!
- Finished Throw – 54″ x 72″
- Finished Baby – 36″ x 48″
- All SQ patterns assume yardage to be 42″ wide and seam allowances to be a ¼”
Color 1 - ½ yd.
Color 2 - 1 ¼ yds.
Color 3 - ¾ yd.
Color 4 - ¾ yd.
Background - 2 ¾ yds.
Binding - ½ yd.
Backing - 3 ½ yds.
Color 1 - ¼ yd.
Color 2 - ¾ yd.
Color 3 - ¼ yd.
Color 4 - ¼ yd.
Background - 1 ¼ yds.
Binding - ⅓ yd.
Backing - 1 ½ yds.
COPYRIGHT INFO: Quilt patterns cannot be reproduced and sold. Duplication of any kind is prohibited. Quilts made using Suzy Quilts patterns CAN be sold, however, design credit needs to be given. Please only use my photos with proper credit. Thanks!
Take the traditional beauty of a half square triangle quilt block, rotate it and arrange it in many different ways and look what you can make!
This Nordic Triangles quilt pattern design gathers inspiration from classic Scandinavian prints. When wrapped up in this quilt, picture yourself lounging in a cozy lodge tucked away in the snowy northern mountains. Can you see a reindeer meandering past the window? Maybe even hear the fire crackle?
Nordic Triangles can have a rustic "log cabin" aesthetic or be delicate and feminine based on the fabrics and fabric substrates you choose.
This sample quilt uses woven shot cotton, light-weight denim and quilt-weight Kona cotton. The simple straight line quilting highlights the bold use of shapes and color.
The Nordic Triangles quilt pattern is a Suzy Quilts best seller for a reason.
Included in the pattern is a half square triangle conversion chart so that you can easily make this larger or smaller to fit your needs.