Are you curious about what The Cutting Table is all about? This new publication is a monthly digital mini magazine subscription filled with our favorite things including inspiring tutorials, in-depth articles, expert video interviews, and even a monthly book recommendation with discussion questions.
In addition to a new themed issue each month, subscribers of The Cutting Table will also get a free quilt pattern, exclusive discounts from over 15 of our partners (ranging from notions and fabric to longarm quilting), and two-week early access to new pattern releases.
Subscribers will have unlimited access to all past issues AND be able to interact with the authors of those issues through writing comments and questions. In a nutshell, when dreaming up our biggest hopes for The Cutting Table, we centered our ideas around creating an actual space — a magical space where you can hang out, learn new things, and find inspiration to perk up your day!
Our mission is to help you prioritize your creativity. Some of my fondest memories of learning to quilt were standing beside my mentor’s cutting table as she gave me instructions or taught me a new sewing technique. From my first moments as a crafter to over 20 years later, I still find comfort and joy every time I get to stand at my own cutting table.
A Video Tour of The Cutting Table
But enough reading. You want to see it, right? Let me take you on a little tour...
How Can I Subscribe?
Subscriptions are now open! Monthly subscriptions are $12.99 and annual subscriptions are $129.99 — that's your best deal because annual subscribers get two months free each year!
What do you think? Are you excited to try it out? We have so much good stuff planned for our future issues. It's all so exciting!!
8 thoughts on “A Video Tour of The Cutting Table Digital Mini Magazine”
I think that the amount you are charging is too high. When this is converted to Canadian dollars it is not in my budget!
We understand that The Cutting Table isn’t in everyone’s budget! And it’s why we’ll still be offering free content on the Suzy Quilts blog just like we do now 🙂 Be sure to sign up for our free newsletter so you’ll always be notified of what’s new!
Hey Suzy…I wanted to touch base with you as I want to join the Cutting Table but I will be traveling in my van for about five months and not sewing…so I’m not sure if I should wait until I return and the get the back issues or do it and have them available whe I come home. Best advice ?
Hi Linda! Thanks so much for your interest in The Cutting Table! The great thing about being a digital publication is you can access it anywhere you have an internet connection. So, if you have an internet connection in your van for the next five months, you can read it then! If you’d prefer to wait until you’re back at your sewing machine, you’ll still have access to the past issues 🙂 Traveling in your van for five months sounds like an epic adventure! Have a great time!
Good Morning from California.
I purchased a year subscription to the Cutting Table. I have a few questions.
1. Will TCT have a designated link on your blog?
2. How will we know when a new issue is posted?
3. I looked thru Issue One, but can’t figure out where I find the “place? link?” to get to the next page.
4. When can we start accessing the first three issues?
I’m so excited. It’s like having a personal connection with Suzy…. a cuppa tea or mug of coffee.
Hi Christine! Thanks so much for subscribing to The Cutting Table! Here are some answers for you:
1. You can always access The Cutting Table by clicking the image on our home page that has The Cutting Table logo over it, or by clicking subscribe in the main navigation dropdown from any page on our website. You’ll then be able to click either The Cutting Table or Past Issues.
2. Each month, subscribers will receive a newsletter on the 1st of the month that includes the table of contents with links to the articles and tutorials!
3. To navigate through each issue, you’ll go to back to that issue’s page that shows each post and click on that. A next button is a great idea and we’ll ask our web manager if that’s possible for our site!
4. The first three issues are online now! Just head to the Past Issues page here then click on the covers, and enjoy! https://suzyquilts.com/past-issues/
If you have any other questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
I understand that you want to further monetize, but for me, and with the way how prices are going up on everything, I cannot afford this every month. 🙁 I hope there will still be regular posts on this blog and the blog is not slowly moving over to this new space.
Hi Lena, we understand! That’s why the Suzy Quilts blog is staying exactly the same. Be sure to subscribe to our free newsletter if you’re not already because then you’ll always be notified of our new free content on the regular Suzy Quilts blog!