Hey hey, quilty people! Are you ready to join me in the best holiday party this season? Of course you are because you're awesome and have great taste! I knew we had that in common. 😉 The Holiday Party pattern is NOW available! Get it here in the shop!
Right now there are lots of kits for the throw size of this pattern in the shop. Act fast before these bundles of joy get snatched up and are gone for good! In addition to quilt top kits, we are also selling a limited number of backing and binding add-ons too.
And here's a picture of my two year old son, Desi holding a quilt block cause he's the cutest and I can't help myself...
The Holiday Party Quilt Pattern Includes:
- A detailed 46 minute video on making Holiday Party block. (You can skip around to the parts you need if you don't want to watch the whole thing.)
- Fabric requirements and instructions for making a multi-color version with fat quarters or a limited-color version with yardage.
- Helpful FQ cutting diagrams so you can make the most of your fabric.
- Extra videos and tutorials on finishing a quilt once your top is completed.
- A blank coloring sheet to help you decide on fabric.
- 12 different color mock-ups to spark your creativity!
Holiday Party Sew Along
Starting October 12 we will also have a sew along! More info about this Holiday Party sew along will be available next week, but if you've never sewn along with us before, check out the Sew Along tab to see what we've made together in the past.
Get this Classic Christmas Rifle Paper Quilt Kit!
These two classic red and green Christmas quilt kits are currently available while supplies last. Visit the SQ fabric shop to see all of the kits currently in stock!
Holiday Party Quilt Pattern Skill Level - Moderate
The Holiday Party quilt pattern is written for those with a "Moderate" skill level. There are three elements to this pattern that make the skill level slightly more difficult than other SQ patterns labeled as "Easy."
- These blocks use more pieces. I truly believe that as you make these party blocks you will feel huge amounts of satisfaction. Each one is beautiful, unique, and a stand-alone work of skill and creativity!
- There is some unique trimming that must be done precisely. This is covered in the video, but if you are brand new to quilting, this will be very different than what you're used to.
- These blocks have a lot of seams to match. I have every confidence that you can do it – especially if you take your time and press the same way as the pattern and video instructs.
Christmas Quilt Helpful Notions
Quilty friends, even though this quilt pattern is not the easiest one in the SQ library, you know I'm not going to leave you to figure out these potentially tricky bits alone! Nay! In addition to the sew along that starts on October 12, here are a few tools that will make your Holiday Party a bit easier and more fun...
Longarm Quilting and Maker Credit
These red and green limited-color Holiday Party quilts were pieced by Renee VanDyke (red) and Catalina Urias (green). Lavender Fields Co. quilted the red quilt with the edge-to-edge design called Loophole and Trace Creek Quilting stitched the green quilt with the edge-to-edge design called Rosemary. Didn't they all do a beautiful job? It's been such a pleasure to photograph their work.
I sewed the fat quarter multi-colored classic Christmas quilt and Trace Creek Quilting stitched an edge-to-edge pattern called Filigree.