Hey hey, quilty people! Are you ready to join me in the best holiday party this season? Of course you are because you're awesome and have great taste! I knew we had that in common. 😉 The Holiday Party pattern is NOW available! Get it here in the shop!
And for some added cuteness, here's a picture of my two year old son, Desi, holding a quilt block. I just want to squeeze his wittle face!!
The Holiday Party Quilt Pattern Includes:
- A detailed 46 minute video on making Holiday Party block. (You can skip around to the parts you need if you don't want to watch the whole thing.)
- Fabric requirements and instructions for making a multi-color version with fat quarters or a limited-color version with yardage.
- Helpful FQ cutting diagrams so you can make the most of your fabric.
- Extra videos and tutorials on finishing a quilt once your top is completed.
- A blank coloring sheet to help you decide on fabric.
- 12 different color mock-ups to spark your creativity!
Holiday Party Fabric
All of the prints seen here are from the Rifle Paper Co. Classic Christmas collection. Some of them might get hard to find, because they only print so much, but I will list them here anyway. All of the solids are Art Gallery PURE solids.
Multi-Color Holiday Party Quilt
- FQ Candied Cherry - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Ruby - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Aurora Red - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Sienna Brick - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Hunter Fields - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Eucalyptus - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Patina Green - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Fresh Sage - Art Gallery PURE solids
- FQ Poinsettia Evergreen - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- FQ Mistletoe Red - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- FQ Colette Red - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- FQ Poinsettia Cream - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- FQ Mistletoe Evergreen - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- FQ Mistletoe Mint - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- FQ Mistletoe White - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- FQ Colette Mint - Rifle Paper Co Holiday Classics
- Background: 3 3/8 yd. Muslin Cotton Supreme Solids
Limited-Color Red Quilt
- 1 7/8 Ruby - Art Gallery PURE solids
- 2 1/8 Candied Cherry - Art Gallery PURE solids
- Background: 3 1/2 yd. Creme de la Creme
Limited-Color Green Quilt
- 1 7/8 yd. Patina Green - Art Gallery PURE solids
- 2 1/8 yd. Hunter Fields - Art Gallery PURE solids
- Background: 3 1/2 yd. Creme de la Creme
Holiday Party Quilt Pattern Skill Level - Moderate
The Holiday Party quilt pattern is written for those with a "Moderate" skill level. There are three elements to this pattern that make the skill level slightly more difficult than other SQ patterns labeled as "Easy."
- These blocks use more pieces. I truly believe that as you make these party blocks you will feel huge amounts of satisfaction. Each one is beautiful, unique, and a stand-alone work of skill and creativity!
- There is some unique trimming that must be done precisely. This is covered in the video, but if you are brand new to quilting, this will be very different than what you're used to.
- These blocks have a lot of seams to match. I have every confidence that you can do it – especially if you take your time and press the same way as the pattern and video instructs.
Christmas Quilt Helpful Notions
Quilty friends, even though this quilt pattern is not the easiest one in the SQ library, you know I'm not going to leave you to figure out these potentially tricky bits alone! Nay! In addition to the sew along that starts on October 12, here are a few tools that will make your Holiday Party a bit easier and more fun...
Longarm Quilting and Maker Credit
These red and green limited-color Holiday Party quilts were pieced by Renee VanDyke (red) and Catalina Urias (green). Lavender Fields Co. quilted the red quilt with the edge-to-edge design called Loophole and Trace Creek Quilting stitched the green quilt with the edge-to-edge design called Rosemary. Didn't they all do a beautiful job? It's been such a pleasure to photograph their work.
I sewed the fat quarter multi-colored classic Christmas quilt and Trace Creek Quilting stitched an edge-to-edge pattern called Filigree.