Hey hey and way to go getting to Week 4!! You are a week away from finishing the Butterfly Garden sew along — amazing!! And let me tell you, these next couple weeks are the absolute best. Not only do our sweet butterflies finally come together, the entire garden gets together in Week 5! Wahoo!!
This week is actually quite simple. I don't have many extra tips because I have confidence that you don't really need a ton of extra help. Mostly, just keep using the pressing skills you built up in Week 3, and you'll be good to go! Shall we get started?
You May Also Like...
- Butterfly Garden Quilt Pattern
- How To Make A Butterfly Garden Table Runner
- Kid’s Butterfly Tote Bag Tutorial
Butterfly Garden Quilt Sew Along Schedule
- Week 1, June 16: Gather fabric
Sponsor: Crimson Tate - Butterfly Garden Quilt Kit featuring Tilda Chambray
IG LIVE - @suzyquilts: Join me on Instagram to chat about fabric and color Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 2PM CT
- Week 2, June 23: Cut Fabric
Sponsor: Jenn B Quilts - throw size quilting
- Week 3, June 30: Sew HSTs and Four Patches
Sponsor: DuckaDilly - $100 gift card AND Sarah Hearts - Four sets of labels
- Week 4, July 7: Assemble Blocks
Sponsor: Trace Creek Quilting - throw size quilting
IG LIVE - @suzyquilts: Join me on Instagram for a sewing demo and to chat about different ways to quilt your finished quilt top, July 11, 2023 at 2PM CT
- Week 5, July 14: Assemble the quilt top
Sponsor: Aurifil - Best Selection Box including 45 small spools of 50 wt. thread!
Week 4 Assignment: Assemble Blocks
Tip #1: Orient your h pieces correctly.
This will feel really obvious when you're laying the pieces out, but I just wanted to remind you that even though your Four Patches are a square, the h Background pieces are rectangles.
Tip #2: Lay the pieces by your sewing machine and chain piece
Just like in Week 3, before you sew, lay out the pieces correctly next to your machine and then chain piece them all together. Once you are finished chain piecing, take all of the to your iron.
Tip #3: Use glue basting or fork pins for that center seam.
You know the seam I'm talking about? The one where the butterfly wings connect to the body? Yes, that's the one. Let's get that seam as close to perfect as possible, shall we? To do that, nesting your seams then either use a fork pin or a dab of glue to keep everything in place while it moves through your sewing machine. Here are some extra tutorials if you want them:
Week 4 Sponsors & Prizes
Want FREE longarm quilting? Me too!! This week's prize is free longarm quilting on any throw quilt from Trace Creek Quilting.
Don't forget that you get 25% off longarm quilting on your Butterfly Garden quilt from Trace Creek Quilting now through August 2023.
How to Win
- Post a pic to Instagram. The photo prompt for Instagram this week is to post a pic of your Butterfly Garden progress. Use #ButterflyGardenQuiltSA in the caption.
- You must have a public Instagram profile to participate.
- Each photo posted is an entry and you can enter as many times as you want in a single week. Once the week is over, those posts do not count in the next week's giveaway. Every week we start fresh.
- Your photo must be posted between Friday, July 7 and Friday, July 14. The winner will be picked randomly from all qualifying posts and announced at approximately 4:00 p.m. on the 14th. Good luck!